[Xastir] Xastir on raspberrypi to SCS PTCIIpro for Robustpacket Radio

F1MHV f1mhv at free.fr
Wed Jun 14 01:24:41 PDT 2017

Hi Guiseppe,

To be honest i have no idea since i don’t have this modem and i am never using kiss mode, but reading quickly the IIpro user manual pdf, i didn’t found any references to any « kiss mode memorised parameters »…? As Curt mentioned-it, you should try to create your own configuration string file out of the XML script info and test?

73 de Cyril - DF1CHB/AM - F1MHV/M

> Le 14 juin 2017 à 09:30, Menga <giuseppe.menga at polito.it> a écrit :
>
> Hi Cyril,
> In fact I'm well aware of the RPR manual. I started RPR on windows with APRSIS32 and configured the modem by those XML scripts found in the manual, plus the help by Demetre SV1UY and Jeremy N1ZZZ.
> The problem started when I decided to move to raspberry pi and linux, and hence Xastir.
> I'm still puzzled that without any configuration the SCS PTCII works on Xastir. I have a doubt: as I previously was using the modem with APRSIS32, the modem, even with switchs off and on, still retains the previous configuration. May it be possible?
> Giuseppe
> IZ1GCL
>
> -----Messaggio originale----- From: F1MHV
> Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:37 AM
> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Xastir on raspberrypi to SCS PTCIIpro for Robustpacket Radio
>
> http://robust-packet.net/Robust-Packet-Network-Manual.pdf page 11
>
>> Le 13 juin 2017 à 09:12, F1MHV <F1MHV at free.fr> a écrit :
>>
>> Guiseppe,
>>
>> Dig into this website http://robust-packet.net/ it's full of infos about config and son on...
>>
>> 73 de Cyril
>>
>>> Le 13 juin 2017 à 08:57, Menga <giuseppe.menga at polito.it> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Dear friends,
>>> I was successful to install Xastir on a raspberry pi 3 and configurate it to a SCS PTCIIpro modem for HF Robust Packet Radio.
>>> Configuration to the modem was simply through KISS mode.
>>> The success was demonstated by the number of stations appearing on the screen received by HF (no internet connection), by the presence and update of my station on aprs.fi and by an exchange of messages with a friend.
>>> Only one thing put a shadow on this picture:
>>> Usually the display of the SCS PTC when in KISS mode shows KISS. In this case it remained in STBY (stand by) even if it worked correctly.
>>> I don’t know much about preloading and postloading configuration scripts, as well as timing in the configuration of KISS mode (I left the standard values found in the configuration window).
>>> Have some of you experience to configurate a SCS PTC modem with Xastir, and can give me a suggestion?
>>> Giuseppe
>>> IZ1GCL