[Xastir] Xastir on raspberrypi to SCS PTCIIpro for Robustpacket Radio - SOLVED

Menga giuseppe.menga at polito.it
Tue Jun 20 05:48:50 PDT 2017

I got the solution to the problem of interfacing Xastir to the SCS PTCIIpro
modem.
I was unable to use the standard serial TNC interface and a proper startup
file.
So I selected the serial KISS TNC interface recompiling Xastir by modifying
the init_kiss_string in the C file interface.c.
The two modifications were
char init_kiss_string[94];
sizeof(init_kiss_string),
                           "\x1BQ\rRESET\rTONES 4\rBRIGHT 6\rFSKA 145\rPSKA
175\rPAC TXL ASFK 800\rPAC\rUSER 0\rPRBOX 0\rBAUD R300\r at k\r");    // [ESC at K
sets tnc from terminal- into kissmode
Now the Xastir programmers will suggest me how to clean up the solution, to
make it general and store it in the repository
Giuseppe
IZ1GCL