[Xastir] Xastir on pi3 with kpc3 plus

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Tue Jun 27 19:58:33 PDT 2017

Hello Lee,

Yes, APRX is a nice program but it's only a server.  No GUI, no maps, no
mechanism to send messages/responses, etc.

As for Direwolf on the Rpi3.. the Rpi3 doesn't have a micrphone jack so
you'll still need another sound device.  The $7 Syba USB devices are
considered well supported.

Ps.  The new Direwolf 1.4 has added it's own AX.25 v2.2 (not just v2.1)
stack.  When used with the AGW interface, it's a complete solution and
you no longer need Ldsped!

--David
KI6ZHD