[Xastir] Xastir on pi3 with kpc3 plus

Chris Pitre ve3ctp at cogeco.ca
Wed Jun 28 11:11:16 PDT 2017

Thank you ..and I understand completely.
I really do like this program I should have switched years ago.

Thanks for help everyone.
Chris

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: "Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u at gmail.com> Date: 2017-06-28  13:56  (GMT-05:00) To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at lists.xastir.org> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Xastir on pi3 with kpc3 plus
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017, Chris Pitre wrote:

> There are only 3 stations locally that are on the internet.
> And all the do is tx a beacon every 25 min or so
> I'm migrating to xastir from uiview. It was very easy to tell uiview to allow this internet station to gate to rf via my igate.
> That's why I asked.  As of now it's working as an rx only igate and I would like to be able to allow a couple to go out on rf.

Sure. Gating a few stations is usually fine in any environment.

You must enable igating globally (File -> Configure -> Defaults) -AND- on a per-interface basis (Interface -> Interface Control -> <Specific Interfaces>).

Then: Read the README file, section (7) GATING WEATHER ALERTS. It will tell you how to gate specific stations through to RF. Sorry, we don't make it easy because we don't want this to be easy... Too much potential for screwing up the local RF frequency.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS:  Where it's at!        http://www.xastir.org