[Xastir] Debian armhf package

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Wed Mar 1 15:52:01 PST 2017

Hello Liz,

> /var/cache/apt/archives/xastir_2.0.8-2+b2_arm64.deb
> it won't start as an unprivileged user.

What error do you get when you run it?  Are you using Linux's native
AX.25 stack which requires making Xastir SUID root  -
https://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:AX25_Fedora#Compile_Xastir_from_Source ?

> Before I start fixing all these bits and copying my config to the new
> machine, should I compile a later version?

Xastir is on 2.0.9 in Git now and you can see the changes here since
July 5, 2016 to see if any of those fixes / changes / enhancements apply
to you : https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/commits/master

--David
KI6ZHD