[Xastir] Debian armhf package

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Mar 2 00:39:46 PST 2017

David Ranch wrote:

> Hello Liz,
>
>> /var/cache/apt/archives/xastir_2.0.8-2+b2_arm64.deb
>> it won't start as an unprivileged user.
>
> What error do you get when you run it?  Are you using Linux's native
AX.25 stack which requires making Xastir SUID root  -
> https://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:AX25_Fedora#Compile_Xastir_from_Source ?
>
>> Before I start fixing all these bits and copying my config to the new
machine, should I compile a later version?

> Xastir is on 2.0.9 in Git now and you can see the changes here since
July 5, 2016 to see if any of those fixes / changes / enhancements apply
to you : https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/commits/master

> --David
> KI6ZHD

I haven't got any ax25 modules to load; I certainly am not using the ax25
stack!
The error is
$ xastir
-bash: /usr/bin/xastir: Permission denied

Liz
VK2XSE