[Xastir] xfontsel

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Nov 1 15:00:12 PDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 05:55:29PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <joe at laferla.ca> flavor, containing:
> Hi Jason
>
> I tried to install x11-utils but it looks like I already have it loaded.  It says that my version is the latest. The xfontsel buttons are still greyed out.

Xastir must be able to find xfontsel at *configure* time in order for the
xfontsel buttons to be enabled.

If you configured and compiled xastir before installing x11-utils, you'll
have to redo it to enable this feature.

You can check to see if configure found xfontsel by grepping for "XFONTSEL"
in your config.h file (located at the top of your build directory).  If
it doesn't say:

/* Define if you have xfontsel */
#define HAVE_XFONTSEL 1

but instead says
/* Define if you have xfontsel */
/* #undef HAVE_XFONTSEL */

then you must re-run configure, and recompile/reinstall.