[Xastir] FW: xfontsel

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:31:13 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017, Joseph LaFerla wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to add that the terminal window in which I started xastir displays a large number of the following
>
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too low):4263101696
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:Y out-of-range (too low):4258554496
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too high):161465600
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:Y out-of-range (too high):101212800
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too low):4263101696
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:Y out-of-range (too low):4258554496
> convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too high):161465600
>
> I doublechecked the coordinates for my station and they are correct.  Stations are still coming in but the map is not displayed
>
> Am I leaving something out?

Could be a couple of things:

*) You may be too far zoomed out. Xastir spits out a few of these when you're out at world-view.

*) You may need to set "LANG=C" in the shell you start Xastir from. Unfortunately some of the functions in the standard C library are affected by this variable. This changes how Xastir saves/restores values to/from files. If you start Xastir from an xterm this way:

     LANG=C xastir &

It should fix that issue. Or you can set LC_NUMERIC as described here:

     http://xastir.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_can.27t_I_set_my_position_in_Xastir_correctly.3F

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"... you can't have 100% security and also then have 100% privacy and zero inconvenience. We are going to have to make some choices as a society." - Barack Obama