[Xastir] Raspberry Pi 'Stretch'- Maps ...

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 18:08:11 PST 2017

IOn Nov 4, 2017 3:05 PM, "Dexter N Muir" <dexy at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

I followed my usual method: Lee's (175moonlight.com) script. His latest
says it works on Wheezy and Jessie. I already have that and it worked well.
The binary it produced worked through an online upgrade from Jessie to
Stretch - but that threw out some other stuff I was doing, so I did a full
re-image (to a larger card). Relatively painless - age is dimming my memory
capability so I keep an updated reminder list of things I need to do (RasPi
and Kubuntu) when re-installing. Handy - I'm part-way through replacing
Kubi-wan to a fresh hard drive too.
   As above, Lee's script. It fell over looking for libdb5.1. I've had this
before, and cured it by taking out the numbers. On closer inspection,
there's an if-else clause in there that looks at the OS version number.
When it doesn't find 8 (for Jessie, which looks for libdb5.3) it goes to
the 'else' and looks for 5.1 - Wheezy didn't even like that at some stage.
I took the numbers out of the 'else' line and all was sweet. I've advised
Lee to remove the clause and take out the numbers. 'lidb-dev' gets the
right version by default.

   All config went well until Maps. The Onlines don't show up. I've checked
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps and its subs for permissions, and they're all
readable by anybody. Re-index ALL maps has no effect. I want my OSM mapnik
back! It's there ... WAAAAH! Gimme!

73, all
Dex, ZL2DEX

That script was written specifically for Raspbian versions based on Debian
Wheezy and Jessie. Stretch should be the same as Jessie with the exception
that it needs the libwebp-dev package installed. If I recall correctly,
libwebp-dev is a dependency of the graphicsmagick development package that
is not being installed automatically as it should be.

Without libwebp-dev, I believe online OSM maps will not load. I would still
expect them to show up in the map chooser, however.

Lee - K5DAT