[Xastir] Movable zoomanble maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:22:48 PST 2017

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017, Joseph LaFerla wrote:

> At present I am using static maps with xastir but am interested if xastir can use zoomable google maps (or similar).  I read something on the xastir archive that pointed in a direction but could not find any followup.  Could someone please direct me to where I could download such maps.  Thanks.

Sounds like you're asking about vector maps. Yes, Xastir can do quite a few types of map formats. The main problem we've had is that various sources of maps keep drying up. Our project keeps outlasting the maps sources.

See this URL:  http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:MAPS

Or see the README.MAPS that should have come with your Xastir, either in xastir/README.MAPS or /usr/local/share/doc/xastir/README.MAPS

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"Debating an anti-gunner is like debating an arachnophobe about the importance of spiders in the ecosystem." -Stephen Wright