[Xastir] Movable zoomanble maps

Joseph LaFerla joe at laferla.ca
Tue Nov 21 05:06:46 PST 2017

Hi Curt

Thanks for this.  I tried what you suggest and like it.  The only problem though is that my internet connection is not very fast and zooming and panning when using online maps is not very smooth as a result. I would prefer to use offline maps.  I downloaded Ontario-latest.osm.pbf but I imagine one needs to do further processing on that before using it because it does not show up in Map Chooser.  I will investigate a bit further using your suggested reading to see how I can implement offline mapping.

Joe
VA3JLF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10