[Xastir] Mac Installation Questions

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 11:00:11 PST 2017

Hello.

Are you running the latest code in githiub?

I don't have any suggestions but will note that I run xastir natively on my
Mac without any problems. I use homebrew to install the needed
dependencies.

- Jason

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Chip Griffin <n1mie at mac.com> wrote:
> > It’s been a long time since I tried to install Xastir on a Mac. In
> recent years I’ve primarily run it from a Raspberry Pi. I’ve done that both
> using apt-get as well as from source. I forget how I got the source because
> today is the first time I’ve played with git. My hair is melting from
> butting heads with this stuff, so I’m reaching out for help.
>

> what method are you using - macports, fink, installing everything from
> source, etc?
>
> http://xastir.org/index.php/Installation_Notes#Mac_OSX
>
> In recent years i've just given up on a native mac build and installed
> in an ubuntu virtual machine.  virtualbox is a free virtualization
> platform that works just fine for applications like this. a major
> benefit for you would be that you've already built xastir on ubuntu
> for your pi, so it'll be pretty easy for you to do it again.
>
> -j

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to
verify their authenticity." - *Abraham Lincoln*