[Xastir] Xastir corrupts lxpanel

Bill Dornbush bill at dornbush.net
Fri Oct 27 14:03:06 PDT 2017

I just installed Xastir V2.0.9 on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Stretch.
I installed from sources using K5DAT script.  When I run Xastir, after a
while, the lxpanel start menu disappears from the screen.  I can restart it
using "lxpanel -p LXDE-pi" but after a while, it again goes away.  Since I
started it from the command line, I now got a set of messages.  The last
message before it disappears is
*** Error in 'lxpanel': corrupted double-linked list: 0x009443a8 ***

Since this only happens when I run Xastir, I assume this is caused by a bug
in Xastir.  I am hoping that someone can address and fix this.

Thanks,
Bill KM6BYD