[Xastir] Oregon Scientific wmr200

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Oct 29 14:46:18 PDT 2017

I don' know anything about wd200d, but Xastir already has code for supporting
something called "wx200d" that  is meant to hook up to Oregon Scientific
weather stations of some vintage.  wx200d speaks a binary protocol, and
someone wrote code for it ages ago (the code is so old, it predates import
of Xastir into any version control system).

If you can get wx200d to read from your weather station, then you're finished.
All you need to do is to tell Xastir what machine is running wx200d on your net
and what port it's listening on.

wx200d is old enough that it might not support the wmr200, though.  It hasn't
been updated since around 2013.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wx200d/

and

http://wx200d.sourceforge.net/

There is an unanswered question on the sourceforge site for wx200d asking
whether wx200d would work with the wmr200.  My money is on "no, it doesn't."

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 02:42:48PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <joe at laferla.ca> flavor, containing: