[Xastir] Added to Git: U.S. Tiger WMS Maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:45:45 PDT 2018

I added these files to Git this week:

     USTigermap.geo
     USTigermapBorders.geo

Remember the Tigermap server we used to have? This is the new equivalent.

They are useful for U.S.-based mapping and come from U.S. Census Bureau's data. I made the background of the 2nd one transparent so it will overlay the first and give you county/state borders. Since they come from two different servers I couldn't get borders on the first one alone. These should work great with map-caching as well.

They'll install into /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/

I'm in the middle of removing the code for the old Tigermap server (now defunct) and for Tiger/Line files (they switched to ESRI Shapefile format now). Unfortunately Tiger/Line and SDTS are both in the GDAL section of code and I can't get SDTS files to work anymore. Once I sort that out I'll commit those changes and Xastir will be a bit leaner.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/