[Xastir] path question

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:19:05 PDT 2018

> On Aug 29, 2018, at 4:44 PM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Turn
> off the iGate and give the radios a work out..

There are plenty of reasons to gate “-IS” type traffic to RF, like his wx local device that doesn’t speak APRS directly. This solution will allow him to contribute to CWOP and APRS-RF at the same time.

I’ve personally had some traffic in APRS-IS format that needed to get to RF so I could converge non-ham capable data systems with ham traffic. -IS traffic is pretty easy to generate and feed to a server port with a simple script. If you’re already using xastir for your mapping APRS it makes a lot of sense to let it do the work of getting that data to RF too, if it can.

Jason
kg4wsv