[Xastir] Send message function broken on Ubuntu Linux?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 08:08:24 PST 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM David A Aitcheson <
david.aitcheson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Curt / Tom,
>
> de Dave KB3EFS
>
> Not sure if it is Xastir or a Gnome on Ubuntu 14.04.04 issue.
>
> As recently as this past summer I was able to send a message to a APRS
> mobile from my laptop via APRS-IS.
>
> Now I can bring up the screen and get the cursor in the correct field
> but when I type a message it does not show up on the screen.

Hey Dave,
This same problem cropped up this week on my laptop.  I hadn't made any
changes since Sunday, but on Wednesday when I tried to answer a message I
couldn't type anything into the field.  I was able to send messages
normally on Monday and Tuesday - and also last week and on through the
weekend, so it's strange to me that it suddenly happened on its own.
Copy/paste using the center mouse button still worked.  Shutting down
Xastir and restarting fixed it.  On Friday morning it happened again.  I
restarted again, and so far so good since then.  Overall it's not a big
deal since I can get out of it.  Ubuntu 18.04 here using the Mate desktop.