[Xastir] xastir strange behaviour

Joseph LaFerla joe at laferla.ca
Tue Dec 4 16:19:57 PST 2018

Hi all

I am still around and have been using xastir ever since the help I got from the list to get started.  Just recently. Xastir is exhibiting strange behavior.  Let me explain.
Some of you may remember my setup.  I built my xastir setup from source using Lee’s script (thanks Lee) on a pi3 with a tnc-pi2.  I also have the weather station device connected via the network to Cumulus running on a separate pi3.  Xastir has been running flawlessly for months on end.

When I start xastir, it runs fine for a while and I can monitor decoded packets coming in by viewing the packet map.  However, after a while the packet display starts to display random characters and spaces.  I am attaching a screenshot to illustrate this. (I hope the screenshot will make it to the list as I have never done this before.  If this is not the right way to post screenshots, please help).   Eventually I have to restart xastir and/or reboot the pi as the packets in order that the packets can continue to move to the internet.  For your information, I have updated my xastir build to the latest via update-xastir and also updated my raspbian via apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but the problem remains.

 I hope I have explained my problem sufficiently.  Feel free to ask for clarification.  Thanks in advance.

Joe VA3JLF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10