[Xastir] Xastir with DRAWS

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Sun Dec 9 10:18:33 PST 2018

You asked for comparisons and I gave you information for you to make
your own conclusions as there is no perfect answer. DRAWS alone will NOT
do what a TNC-Pi will do as you also need to run software (say Direwolf)
to act as a complete TNC. If you can afford the DRAWS board and have
time to configure all the software, then buy that as it will work.  If
you don't have the time or prefer a lower budget, buy the TNC-Pi.

Now in this email, you are mentioning other modes that you might want to
do which is entirely different.  The TNC-Pi will NOT support any of
those other modes.  The DRAWS board can run those HF modes but with
entirely DIFFERENT software (say Fldigi).  I cannot speak about if the
DRAWS boards can support both DIrewolf+Xastir and Fldigi running at the
same time but I believe it's technically possible as it's has a dual
port soundcard on it.  The biggest problem will be the limited CPU power
and RAM on the Raspberry PI running everything in parallel.

--David
KI6ZHD