[Xastir] Xastir sierial port lock

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:35:48 PST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> why?
>
> nothing good can come from simultaneous access.
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 6:43 AM Danny ZS6XOX <zs6xox at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Is there a way I can disable Xastir's lock on the serial port (lockfile)?

Exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps you're not using a serial port with Xastir but Xastir is trying to use one anyway? In that case you go to Interface, Interface Control, select the interface in question select Properties, disable "Activate on Startup".

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.aprs2.net, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"