[Xastir] APRS-ios Stations Not Displayed or Listed

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:05:03 PST 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse at comcast.net>
wrote:

> If the packet are from the APRS.FI iOS application, I understand that data
> only goes to the APRS.FI servers and not to the APRS-IS. I believe I
> arrived
> at that understanding on the APRS.FI forum. You will be able to see those
> packets on APRS.FI.

Looks like he's using APRS TX for IOS,
https://appadvice.com/app/aprs-tx/1075036718

> Best regards,
> Fred N7FMH

The only other callsign+SSID combo shown on aprs.fi besides his Xastir
instance is K2MPH-5, which is using the aforementioned IOS app.  There'
aren't any raw packets shown.  Aprs.fi shows the last position report was
in March, so that's why there are no raw packets as they would not be saved
that long.

Michael, if you have sent anything recently from your phone it was not
picked up by the APRSIS, either.

Lee - K5DAT