[Xastir] AX 25 networking kernel warnings --- heads up all AX.25 users Re: Error in Syslog

David Brooke G6GZH xastir at dbrooke.me.uk
Tue Feb 6 02:25:30 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 02:34:18AM +0000, Max Harper wrote:
> Just as well as I think aprx is having problems also in its latest version.

I noticed a year or so back (maybe longer) that aprx fell foul of a
kernel change which resulted in shorter packets not being sent and the
kernel logging a failure of some kind of minimum length check.

I assume that a sanity check was added in the network stack without
regard to AX.25 but I didn't investigate very deeply. It only seemed to
affect the method which aprx was using; beacon still worked.

I reverted the kernel upgrade and it worked again. I'm no longer using
that system but the SD card image reveals that the last boot was kernel
3.18.16 so that was presumably the one I stuck with.

David G6GZH