[Xastir] Autostart Xastir

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:38:47 PST 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Floyd Rodgers <kc5qbc at swbell.net> wrote:

> So why is crontab wrong, especially for recovery after a power failure or
> system init?

crontab runs scripts based on time, not events. While, conceivably, you
could have a script that checks to see if a program is running and restart
it if it is not, then have crontab run that script every so often, that is
not really the best way to start things on boot. There are a number of ways
to start a script on boot. These options will vary by distribution and
version of desktop manager. Although nothing is coming to me right off the
top of my head, Google something to the effect of "start application on
boot raspberry pi" and you will find a plethora of options.

Michael