[Xastir] AX 25 networking kernel warnings --- heads up all AX.25 users Re: Error in Syslog

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jan 30 07:17:46 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 09:06:10PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <edodd at billiau.net> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 14:31:08 -0700
> Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> > I would appreciate it if *everyone* on the list who uses AX.25
> > networking routinely would test out this code --- it impacts
> > *everyone* who uses AX.25 networking in Xastir.
>
> I appreciate the need for testing, and perhaps this would fix my
> recurrent problem with the AX25 networking, but I don't see myself
> doing this in the short term.

I don't think it'll fix anything except to stop some systems from
warning about obsolete usage, and to prevent Xastir from becoming
non-functional some day when that obsolete stuff is removed from the kernel.

I'm mostly concerned with making sure this change doesn't *break* anything.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM