[Xastir] Goodbye GeoTIFF, Hello GeoPDF

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:20:10 PDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Brian Heaton <geekdownrange at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I cranked the dpi setting in the script so mine would look good at higher
> zoom levels. Bigger files but storage is cheap.
>
> ​Resurrecting an old thread here.  I've been converting geopdf's lately
and found it's easier now to install prerequisites because the current
version of the binary gdal package in Ubuntu supports the conversion - no
need to build gdal from source.  My laptop is on Ubuntu 17.10, so anyone on
that release or 18.04 should be able to take advantage.
  I'm not sure where the cutoff is, but I do know Ubuntu 16.04 required a
source build of gdal because the binary version was below version 1.8.1.

I've been looking through the geopdf2gtiff.pl script, but I can't find
where to increase the "dpi setting" as the person above indicated had been
done.  If anyone can shed some light on that (or debunk it if it's not
possible), I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lee
K5DAT