[Xastir] Firenet data

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Fri Jun 15 07:24:49 PDT 2018

There is more data available than what can be seen on a typically connected
APRS client. I am not sure sure how Firenet was derived but I think of it as
a firehose as opposed to a garden hose.

The data is varied. From one user, lightning strike data is available. This
data with the WX data is really cool!
Another dataset is water gages. They tend to fill the screen with a sea of
blue. Pun sort of intended. ;)

Give it a try. Connect to: firenet.aprs2.net, port 14580.
Refer to http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx for setting up filters.

Best regards,
Fred N7fMH