[Xastir] Weather radar overlay

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:39:56 PDT 2018

A while back I was updating the ".geo" files that would overlay the
Radar Images on top of the maps after NOAA/NWS changed the URL's but
that involved hand editingall 1200 plus ".geo" files to do it properly
with comments regarding the changes. The reason I stopped working on the
project is that life got in the way and for the last year I have been
the primary babysitter to my now 18 month old Granddaughter.

If someone has a way to script the changes and provide the appropriate
historical file editing comments I can forward the sources (AKA "The
Before's") and samples (AKA "The After's") of how I was changing the
files directly.

Once the geo files are correctall one has to do is put them in th same
directory as the other map geo files (on Linux that would be
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps[/SUB-DIRECTORY-NAME OF YOUR-CHOICE]) then
selectingwhat you want displayed via the Xastir maps display menu.
WARNING THIS LIST IS VERY LARGE IF YOU ADD ALL THE .geo FILES! One
should consider only adding what they need locally for for preserving
ones sanity.

PLEASE NOTE: A connection to the Internet is REQUIRED for these RADAR
".geo" files to do the magic that they do!

73
Dave
KB3EFS