[Xastir] rtl_ais

Menga giuseppe.menga at polito.it
Tue May 29 13:32:43 PDT 2018

Hi Curt,
thanks for answering.
In fact I followed the comments on top of the file ais.pl.
I was able to compile and run the ais decoder rtl_ais, I executed xastir,
but when I started, with a script, ais.pl I get the answer:
Received NACK from Xastir: Callsign/passcode don't match?
My callsign is written in the running instance of  Xastir, and the passcode
is passed by the script to ais.pl.
BTW  my callsign and passcode are well tested because I use them in other
APRS programs.
I read: ais.pl creates a UDP server  at localhost:10110 for the ais decoder,
decodes AIS sentences, creates APRS packets and send them to Xastir's server
port (2023) via UDP.

I even created in Xastir a new internet interface localhost:2023, but I
receive always the same answer from ais.pl.
I missed something.
Can you help me?
Giuseppe
IZ1GCL