[Xastir] rtl_ais

Menga giuseppe.menga at polito.it
Tue May 29 15:49:14 PDT 2018

Curt
For running ais.pl, in the head comment, it is written the script:   ./ais.pl boats <passcode> [--pipe] [—logging]
I changed boats with my callsign, then I enabled server ports in Xastir.
The script was executed correctly without the previous error on the passcode, and the program was waiting for messages to send, without time out (time out appeared if the server ports were not enabled).
Conclusions: in the script “boats” is a placeholder for the callsign,  the server port on Xastir has to be enabled to guarantee the communication. Contrary to my belief, no cross control is performed from the callsign in Xastir and the passcode in ais.pl, but directly from the data in the script.

I’m not on the sea to receive AIS messages, but I think that the program now works.

Thanks again for the suggestion
Giuseppe
IZ1GCL