[Xastir] Position data from Xastir not accepted by Yaesu FTM-400 or Direwolf

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Nov 12 22:17:06 PST 2018

I just looked at my station's raw packets at aprs.fi, and every single
packet my home station has transmitted ever since I did the git pull of
the problematic commit has been getting rejected as an unsupported packet.
I had never looked.

If you are running a version of Xastir from a git checkout after August 1st,
you definitely want to do another pull tonight.

If you were running more than one interface, including both NET and TNC,
the behavior of your station has been exactly what Tom Henderson describes:
if your NET interface appears in the list of interfaces prior to your TNC,
your packets going out over the air have been broken.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 06:40:16PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM