[Xastir] constant warnings in term after update and ipv6 might be partially broken again

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Nov 14 13:06:45 PST 2018

I was not seeing these warnings on my primary BSD machine at all.  But then
I looked and saw that my LANG was set to a null string (which means everything
is defaulting to C locale).

When I set LANG to en_US.UTF-8 and restarted Xastir, the noise started.

Clearing LANG and restarting made it stop.

Try setting LANG=C or LANG="" (not LOCALE="C") and see if it goes away.

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 07:10:37AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <davidf4 at mindspring.com> flavor, containing:
> Question Curt:  Do all language users need to do that?  I just 'git
> pulled/bootstrap/compile/install' and now my terminal window is flooded
> with:
>
> Warning:
>     Name: create_appshell text_input2
>     Class: XmTextField
>     Charater '\260' not supported in font. Discarded
>
> My locale is set to en_US.utf8
>
> Also something has broken the IPV6 connection to firenet.aprs2.net (but not
> rotate.aprs2.net).  If I force my VM to use just IPV4 the connection works
> (oh and the character warnings continue so they're not related to
> firenet...).
>
> Dave
> KD7MYC

Tom Russo    KM5VY