[Xastir] Kantronics DiGi help

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:56:49 PST 2018

I've noticed a lot of people these days only do/recognize top-posting, so I'm going against my better nature and top-posting this comment.

1) Which "author" are you talking about? We have many developers (16 at last count), plus a whole lot of users who answer questions on the mailing list. If a non-developer answers a question so much the better! Many users know a whole lot more about using the program than some developers do plus it frees up developer time for other activities.

2) Check the email thread to see if responses have gotten hidden that you never read:

2a) Many people (including me) by default respond AFTER your text or intersperse our answers in-between your questions. Many email packages hide those responses underneath a little line that you have to click on to see.

2b) If multiple responses came in since you last checked your inbox and you're in threaded mode, you probably only see the most recent response. You need to dig a little to see all of them.

Personally I use GMail, tell it NOT to thread, but then do most of my email work inside Alpine on Linux: I'm not on the web-based or phone-based email except in rare circumstances. I don't miss any responses due to threading and no interspersed responses are hidden.

For more info, see below, plus read other messages that may have been hidden from you due to threading.

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018, Steve Rogers wrote:

> Believe David Ranch answered your message and broke down your errors on kpc3+
> Kd5mkv

> ________________________________

>>> 1 APN382 VIA WIDE2-2
>>> 2 APN382
>>> 3 APN382
>>> 4 APN382
>>
>> These look wrong as I would expect this to be "APN391" for your KPC3+
>> v9.1 TNC.  Seems you mistakenly cut and pasted from a different TNC.
>>

>>> MYCALL   EX0CK-1 0
>>
>> Why is there a space in there?   You should read the recommended APRS
>> configuration setup from WB4APR -
>> http://www.aprs.org/kpc3/kpc3+WIDEn.txt .  Specifically, you ideally put
>> a LOCATION name in there like "BISHKEK"
>>

>>> MYALIAS  WIDE1-1
>>
>> This is wrong.  Per the above URL, set this to something useless like NONE
>>

>>> MYDROP   0
>>> MYNODE   EX0CK-1 0
>>
>> Why is there a space in here as well?
>>

>>> PACLEN   0
>>
>> Not sure why you overrode the default of 128 bytes here though I don't
>> think it will hurt you
>>

>>> TXDELAY  18
>>
>> Are you sure this is enough time for your radio to key up?  Until you
>> get things working 100%, I would recommend to set this to something
>> conservative like 30  (aka.. 300ms)
>>

>>> UIDIGI   ON WIDE1-1
>>
>> Are you sure you don't want to support WIDE2-1 as well?
>>
>> --David
>> KI6ZHD
>

> --
>
> wishing you well
> Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken

Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"Debating an anti-gunner is like debating an arachnophobe about the importance of spiders in the ecosystem." -Stephen Wright
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com