[Xastir] Raspberry PI 3 install instructions needed

woodworkingman2000 pjharriman2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:21:42 PDT 2018

There are a lot of errors here do I just ignore them?

pi at raspberry:/ $  sudo apt-get install build-essential
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version (12.3).
  libwebkit1.1-cil lxkeymap python-xklavier
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 167 not upgraded.
pi at raspberry:/ $  sudo apt-get install git autoconf automake xorg-dev
graphicsmagick gv libmotif-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libcurl4-openssl-dev is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source

Package autoconf is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

Package automake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'autoconf' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'automake' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package xorg-dev
E: Unable to locate package graphicsmagick
E: Unable to locate package gv
E: Unable to locate package libmotif-dev
E: Package 'libcurl4-openssl-dev' has no installation candidate
pi at raspberry:/ $     sudo apt-get install gpsman gpsmanshp
libpcre3-dev libproj-dev libdb5.3-dev python-dev libax25-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libpcre3-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Unable to locate package gpsman
E: Unable to locate package gpsmanshp
E: Package 'libpcre3-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package libproj-dev
E: Unable to locate package libdb5.3-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libdb5.3-dev'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libdb5.3-dev'
E: Unable to locate package libax25-dev
pi at raspberry:/ $     sudo apt-get install shapelib libshp-dev festival
festival-dev libgeotiff-dev libgraphicsmagick1-dev
pi at raspberry:/ $   xset +fp
/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi
xset:  bad font path element (#1), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
pi at raspberry:/ $