[Xastir] Position data from Xastir not accepted by Yaesu FTM-400 or Direwolf

Tom Henderson Tom at Henderson4.us
Mon Oct 22 07:16:27 PDT 2018

I had noticed that the position information for my Xastir digi wasn't
showing up in my mobile (FTM-400). Today I was playing around with
DireWolf and noticed the "Unknown message type K" error. Is this
something I have set wrong in my Xastir config?

Strangely enough, when i create map objects and transmit their location,
the location info works just fine.

Here's the error message I saw in DireWolf

KW4TOM audio level = 45(22/9)   [NONE]   ____|||||
[0.6]
KW4TOM>APX211,WIDE2-2:KW4TOM>APX211,TCPIP*:=3023.43NT08705.80W&PHG810073
to all! Gulf Breeze Digi/iGate<0x0d>
Unknown message type K, Xastir

--
Tom Henderson