[Xastir] path question

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 07:20:30 PDT 2018

> On Sep 1, 2018, at 3:03 AM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
>
> The use of "mountaintops" isn't really accurate - I live on the largest
> flattest plain on planet Earth, and even without mountaintops we share
> our APRS signals!

It’s just a label used because a) it’s the example used to describe the concept and b) we have mountains available for use. Of course it’s exactly the same for a tall tower instead of mountaintop and short tower for a home/fill-in.

I’m not convinced the concept of a special configuration for a “fill-in” is valid (or at least it is not needed) if the other parts of the network are working correctly (duplicate suppression, repeated packet fratracide, etc). Just configure as WIDEn-N and go.

Oops, that was an APRS sig comment. :/

-Jason
kg4wsv