[Xastir] Viewing real-time Aircraft and Ships w/Xastir

Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate gerry.creager at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 21 14:27:00 PDT 2018

I had a research project once that looked at hundreds of geodetic surveying
app outputs, snagged them, parsed them and then I subjected the flat files
to Excel for light-weight statistical analysis. I think I spent more time
getting the regexes correct , by a factor of easily 24, than on generating
the data once the raw surveying data were collected and uploaded. I must
have "fixed" regexes on an hourly basis before rerunning the job. From
start to failure. Again.

gc

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 4:11 PM Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate wrote:
>
> > Some old and really bad nightmares still begin with, "It's just Perl".
> I'll
> > see about loading it up, and adding a dongle. Should be straightforward
> at
> > home.
>
> There _may_ be others on the Xastir list that know a little Perl and can
> help...
>
> Perl: The first write-only language?
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
> "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of
> knowledge."  -Stephen Hawking
> Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com

Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS