[Xastir] Viewing real-time Aircraft and Ships w/Xastir

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Sat Sep 22 19:15:09 PDT 2018

collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate wrote:
> > > Some old and really bad nightmares still begin with, "It's just Perl".
> > > I'll
> > > see about loading it up, and adding a dongle. Should be straightforward
> > > at
> > > home.
> >
> > There _may_ be others on the Xastir list that know a little Perl and can
> > help...
> >
> > Perl: The first write-only language?
>
> Hah, as if.  You must never have written a program in APL.  And you should
> have been there in the days of TECO (TECO macros didn't look like programs,
> they looked like line noise).

Some of us were and the infamous TECO VT100 macro comes to mind.

And then there was the TECO macro I did that allowed other lab denizens to select
from a menu and program proms on the serially connected Data I/O programmer.

Topped off by the control menu that purported to restrict access to various games
on the system so management had the illusion that engineers couldn't play during
business ours.

Those were the days...I think I even have a copy for Linux somewhere around here.
If I distract myself enough I think I can resist installing it again.

--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
SvxLink Repeaters: http://pnw220.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be;
and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”