[Xastir] Weather alerts are running again

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 12:40:26 PDT 2019

I have weather alert feeds again! I have access to four identical feeds
with three currently enabled and feeding my scripts. I finally managed to
verify that they are going out by receiving them on my Xastir screen at
work.Thanks to Gerry Creager and a buddy of his for helping me get raw
feeds again!

If you have the proper maps loaded into Xastir and have weather alert
display enabled in the Xastir menus, these alerts will light up warning
areas on your map automatically.

Note: There are two of us dumping weather alerts out to APRS-IS and/or
Firenet. We each decided to process different things, and we did entirely
different development of our programs/scripts between us (no coordination).
More than likely you'll never notice an absence of _all_ WX alerts, but
some important ones for you might be missing if either of the wx alert
processors is down at any given time. Hopefully that won't occur again for
a long while.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com