[Xastir] A few changes

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 30 08:03:56 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 07:58:26AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> 2) In the Help->About dialog you'll see at the very top something like:
>
>     Xastir V2.1.1 (cf75dd5a)
>
> That last number is the 8-digit short-form version of the most recent Git
> commit. That tells you _exactly_ which code is in your compile.

This is not a recent change.  It's been happening since August 2017.  It is
automatically enabled if you're building the code from a git clone instead
of a tarball.

> 6) The project is currently at zero pull requests and only a few
> outstanding bugs.
> https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir

I'd say that once we get some feedback about whether bug #66 is still a
problem (Xastir crashing when zooming in and out with OSM maps enabled),
we're probably ready to start kicking release 2.1.2 out of the nest.  Are the
NWS and other download scripts up to date?  For 2.1.0, NWS changed the download
site really soon after the release, so perhaps this is always going to be
a moving target.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM