[Xastir] Debian Buster upgrade and Xastir from Github

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Aug 12 15:40:33 PDT 2019

I would have been shocked if a build of Xastir actually worked across a
distribution upgrade.  There are invariably shared library version updates that
prevent the old binary from running on the new system.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 08:05:59AM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mlhpub at free.fr> flavor, containing:
> Hello list !
>
> Just to share my last experience : if you upgrade Debian dist from
> Stretch to Buster and you use Xastir built from Github, it is necessary
> to run ./update-xastir again.
> Done today with V2.1.5 which was running fine with Stretch.
> Sorry, I did it quickly so I could not check what the problem was.
> It is probably the same with other branchs upgrades but maybe depends of
> other packages' versions.
>
> 73 de F4ACU
>
> Matthieu

Tom Russo    KM5VY