[Xastir] Font errors continue

Jim Darrough jim at ki7ay.com
Sun Feb 10 08:34:30 PST 2019

First, thanks for helping. And not just me. This is a nice program, and
I want to use it properly, but my feeble old brain is having a problem.

I rewrote a fresh Raspbian Stretch image onto a brand new Samsung PRO
ENdurance microSDHC UHS-1 card. I booted the RaspberryPi 3 v. B+ and
went through all the setups, including changing the root password to
something I can remember (and the Pi password, of course).

I then went to https://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:Raspbian and
downloaded the shell script referenced there for Xastir.

I ran the shell script (which completed properly).

I then ran Xastir and did setup as needed. I used the standard default map.

I now get these errors:

"Warning:
     Name: create_appshell text_output2
     Class: XmTextField
     Character '\260' not supported in font.  Discarded.

get_rotated_label_text_height_pixels: Couldn't get font
-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--14-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1"

The last line repeats over and over.

Anyone have any insight for me?

73 Jim KI7AY EM25pd

--