[Xastir] KISS over TCP

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Fri Jul 5 11:18:44 PDT 2019

Hello Magnus,

Do you have the Microsat WX3in1 unit, maybe the ULARI?  Per the WX3in1
v1.09 manual, it's not a bi-directional communication:
--
At the time of writing of this manual revision (firmware v1.09) KISS via
TCP/IP is only one

Looking at the microsat.com.pl and it's matching Facebook pages, it
doesn't look like there are any newer firmware than v1.09 so I don't
know if you'd have a working solution.

If the ULARI, which TNC are you running on it?  If it's Direwolf, you
can enable AGW TCP sockets which Xastir already supports. Beyond that,
yes, it would be nice if we could get a TCP-KISS option added to Xastir
but until then, there are some of these side projects that might work
for you as a "translator":

    # Python solution
    https://pypi.org/project/kiss2/

    # SoCAT solution
    https://destevez.net/2016/06/kiss-hdlc-ax-25-and-friends/

    #Node.js based
    https://github.com/trasukg/share-tnc

--David
KI6ZHD

or WXeth devices or something different?  Neither manual makes any
mention of TCP-KISS