[Xastir] Launch fail after git pull / OSX 10.13.6

Russo Tom russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jul 6 10:21:29 PDT 2019

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 06:46:54PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <F1MHV at free.fr> flavor, containing:
> ../configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-bdb-incdir=/opt/local/include/db60/ --with-bdb-libdir=/opt/local/lib/db60/

This is why you're having the problem with Berkeley DB (which I'll
say again should be irrelevant to this actual crash).

Xastir does not know how to use Berkeley DB version 6 yet, and will not
use any 6.x libraries it detects at configure time (it's the subject
of our issue #28 on GitHub:  https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/issues/28).  We
only know how to use BDB 4 and 5.  You are explicitly telling configure to
look for the 6.0 headers and libraries --- but what is happening is that
configure is dutifully putting the search path you've given into the compiler's
header search path, but then rejecting the 6.0 libraries in favor of the 4.8
libraries you've also got.  So at compile time, you're getting the 6.0 headers,
and at link time the 4.8 libraries.

You need to modify your two "--with-bdb" command line options, replacing
the paths with the appropriate paths to the 4.8 headers and libraries.  If you
do that, the run-time warning that disables the map cache should go away.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM