[Xastir] KISS over TCP

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 07:00:14 PDT 2019

I suggest filing an issue with your request at
https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/issues. Can't say how likely that feature
is but that is "the list" where bugs and feature requests are tracked.

73
- Jason

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 4:07 PM Magnús Ragnarsson <maggir at skyttur.is> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm new here on this mailing list. I have been testing xastir and I like
> it, as it is real linux program for APRS that works. I have been trying
> other software also.
>
> I have microsat networked tnc, and they support KISS over TCP that is
> the KISS standard over network. It opens a new possibilities with new
> devices, like the microsat devices, argent data Tracker 4 and direwolf
> software tnc that all support KISS over TCP. You can then access the tnc
> remotely with xastir, from your home computer, or with aprsdroid that
> also supports KISS over TCP.
>
> Is this something that would be possible to get on todo list in seeable
> feature as interface. I have some basic knowledge in programming with C,
> but no real experience and think I would not be able to do much though.
> I just took a quick look at the code in interfaces.c and there would be
> some coding for it, but also it seems to be some reusable code, as KISS
> parsing is the same, and the networking part is also just opening socket
> on a port and ip address. But maybe this is more complicated. Hopefully
> this is something that would be possible in the future.
>
> Best Ragnards
> Magnus Ragnarsson
> 73 de TF1MT

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to
verify their authenticity." - *Abraham Lincoln*