[Xastir] GraphicsMagick include issue on Gentoo

km5vy Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jul 14 15:42:12 PDT 2019

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 02:54:31PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> I could slam out a 2.1.4 release real quickly tonight if we think it's
> worth the good will of package maintainers.
>
> Here's what I see as the changes since 2.1.2:
>
>   - Code reformatting to match new project style
>   - Numerous updates to decrease number of warnings from gcc8
>   - Fix compiler warnings from OS X clang about use of hard-coded degree
>     symbols in strings.
>   - Removed the "--without-rtree" option:  rtree is now always built into
>     Xastir if shapefile support is enabled.
>   - Removed vestigial references to gettext/libintl internationalization,
>     which hasn't actually been used since at least 2002
>   - Fix compilation error with GraphicsMagick 1.3.32 and later.
>
> I will take care of this sometime tonight unless I hear a strong argument
> against it.  I'll post again after it's done and the news can be announced
> elsewhere (linux-hams, bsd-hams, aprssig, etc.).  I'll take care of the
> releasing if Curt takes care of the announcing.

It is done.  Xastir 2.1.4 release is now available on github.  You can get
it via a git clone using the Release-2.1.4 tag, or as a tarball direct from
github.

If you are a package maintainer for a repo, please move forward as soon as
possible with getting this version into your distro's package management
system, as it fixes the bug that has been reported in several systems with
respect to GraphicsMagick versions 1.3.32 and later.