[Xastir] Raspian Builds

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 06:50:04 PDT 2019

Just curious, why are the raspbian and ubuntu build instructions separate?
It looks like they could be combined.

I used the ubuntu instructions (quite possibly by mistake) on my pis
(definitely stretch, and IIRC jessie as well) and they work with no errors.
Of course the ubuntu build script doesn't run because the OS matching fails.

Just tested the two, and the only difference I see is the raspbian script
leaves out a couple:

  GeoTiff (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ...... : no
  [...]
  GPSMan/gpsmanshp (GPS downloads) .......... : no

Like I said, just curious.  I appreciate both the instructions and the
scripts.

-Jason
kg4wsv