[Xastir] FreeBSD port for Xastir 2.1.4 submitted.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jul 16 07:20:25 PDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 06:21:50PM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <carl at stagecraft.cx> flavor, containing:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > On 16 Jul 2019, at 12:14 pm, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> >
> > Years ago, ImageMagick was so frequently breaking their API that we went to
> > preferring GraphicsMagick -- if configure detects both, it uses GraphicsMagick.
> > But if only IM is installed, or if both are installed and GM doesn't work,
> > we use IM.
>
> FreeBSD now has both v6 and v7 of ImageMagick in ports.  it looks to me like Xastir only supports ImageMagick v6?  Can you confirm that?

I can't confirm at the moment.  My system has Magick6 installed to satisfy
the inkscape dependency, and I can't play around right now to test if Xastir
will build against Magick7, or dig into the differences between 6 and 7 to
see if Xastir is doing anything screwy with deprecated Magick6 features that
were removed in 7.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM