[Xastir] Xastir and Weewx

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jun 7 15:21:55 PDT 2019

Yes, the wxnowsrv.pl script was added in the 2.1.0 release for exactly
the reason that many weather stations can create wxnow.txt files, but Xastir
has native support for only a handful of weather stations that provide
data in other formats.  The script reads the wxnow.txt file and masquerades
as a Davis weather server, so that new code didn't have to be written in
Xastir to support the format.

On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 06:08:33PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <clintheffner at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> See the wxnowsrv.pl script. You question prompted me to dig into what
> wxnow.txt was, and a half hour later I have it working.
>
> I'm running the script on a pi in my barn connected to a peetbros wx
> station.
>
> Then xastir on a pi in the shack connects to it like a wx server.
>
> Clint -- KF8MZ
>

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 3:14 PM Bruce Holm <kc8klm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to send weather data via Xastir from my FineOffset weather
> > station. I have WeeWx set up to output Wxnow.txt. Any advice?

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM