[Xastir] Turn-by-turn directions?

William McKeehan ki4hdu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 12:39:42 PDT 2019

Perhaps you are right, but I do like the idea of having everything in
one display. Honestly, I use three apps now when working events. I
have an APRS app, Gaia GPS (for displaying/following the route of the
event) and some navigation map (such as Google Maps or Waze) for the
times that I need to navigate off-course. Xastir could solve 2 of
those 3 - not exactly duplicating what I can do with Gaia GPS, but it
would be sufficient.

I understand the point about trying to merge this with Xastir messing
up Xastir, not to mention the additional data load/back-end service
that would be necessary.

Thanks for the conversation about the topic!

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 3:00 PM Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM Curt Mills <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Or my designed-for-the-purpose Garmin Nuvi-350.
> >

> This would be my preferred approach. I get bummed/annoyed that accepting
> waypoint data is so rare on these modern GPS units.
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

William
KI4HDU