[Xastir] Blank Bulletins window keeps popping up?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jun 25 21:01:34 PDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 06:39:03PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <Tom at Henderson4.us> flavor, containing:
> Still trying to discern a pattern to this. Here's what I have so far.
> When I get a legitimate bulletin, it displays as expected. But after
> that, every bulletin that come in causes the bulletin window to trigger
> over and over again.

You could test Curt's theory that he might have broken it in his reformatting
of code by trying to roll back to before that commit, and seeing if the
behavior persists.  I have been scanning the commit that changed
bulletin_gui.c, and could not spot real code changes that might have snuck in
in the reformatting, but it is difficult to see clearly given the number of
changes to that file.

If you're willing to test this out and are building from a git clone, try
compiling the code prior to the change by checking out commit c9f21dc4
instead of the head of master.  In case that's not clear, in your clone
directory run:

   git checkout c9f21dc4

then bootstrap/reconfigure/recompile/install.  If the strange bulletin
behavior persists, that isn't the problem, and you can go back to the
current version with:
   git checkout master

There have hardly been any changes to bulletin_gui.c recently, and
most have just been warning cleanup.  If things are NOT fixed by rolling
back to c9f21dc4, the warning cleanup might have introduced a behavior
change.  That will be harder to pin down since those changes were
done over a longer period of time and were more aggressive than simple
reformatting.

> Tom Henderson
>
> On 6/22/19 6:40 PM, Curt Mills wrote:
> > May be something I broke during reformatting then.
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 22, 2019, 1:25 PM Tom Henderson <Tom at henderson4.us> wrote:
> >
> >> It looks like I got a blank window popup at about the same time as this
> >> log entry:
> >>
> >> # 1561224182  Sat Jun 22 12:23:02 CDT 2019
> >> AL2C-FD>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2EISBERG::BLN0     :Field Day June 22-23 @
> >> the Smith Center 298 Jay Street, Prattville, AL 36066.  9 AM Sat - 1 PM
> >> Sun. VE Testing @ 10 AM.
> >>
> >> Tom Henderson

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM